Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: I am really enjoying my dolls...

  1. #11
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I, too, am amazed at how much joy a simple doll can bring me. Perhaps it's because I've been collecting on and off since I was 10 (and boy, I had no idea I'd EVER have 8 dolls!), and yet they still make me happy just looking at them.

    I really think it's great that, no matter how many dolls we have, and how many we want to get in the future, we can all enjoy the ones we have right now.

    I've definitely hit my limit with American Girls, unless a very different face mold comes up. Now I'm into "sampling" other doll lines; from now on I want to stick to only getting dolls with unique face molds.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Melissa, was Jess's face mold unique enough for you to want her? She is such a cute doll, but I see her mold as not totally unique, but more of a combination of all the other ones. Molly's your favorite, right? Do you plan on getting Emily? What if she has the Jess mold, or one "like" it, as in *slightly* different, but not all new? Just curious as to your thoughts on that.

    I'm sort of in the same boat. I really want my dolls to be different. At the moment, with "only" 8 dolls, I feel every one of mine is unique looking, no two look alike, and I'm very happy with that. However, unless AG brings out an all new face mold, I'm going to run out of eye/hair/skin tone differences.

  2. #12
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Other than maybe Jess, I'm done. there's 10 counting the G?tz, and that's almost too many for me. I would rather have them all have faboulous wardrobes than get more girls at the moment. Who knows, it may change next week though.

  3. #13
    LordofthePumpkinPatch
    Guest LordofthePumpkinPatch's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by smoredrama:
    What happened to Fermina?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oooops. How could I have left my loudest out of my signature??? [img]redface.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img] Shhhhhhh..... Don't tell her - she'll kill me. Thanks for pointing it out. [img]eek.gif[/img]
    By the way, I love your duo in your sig. Pretty dolls.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member jaydon724's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2004
    Posts
    644
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My cup runneth over!!

    I should be through with the dolls. I have all that I wanted and then some. I can't say that I'm done with the historicals yet because I don't have Kaya.

    I guess I'll know once I get my doll area organized. I'd like to put up shelves for displaying my historicals. My DH built me a little stair display for my everyday girls, but they don't all fit there so the rest will need somewhere other than the love seat to hang out at.

    I don't think I'll get anymore today girls unless they come out with another girl of color. I know I'll get as many LEs as I like, and so far I've liked all of them.

    I won AGT #23 for a price I just could not pass up, but I should have because I don't have anything for her at all. She will be on the auction block soon. So I guess I'm done. [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Nethilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2006
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by LordofthePumpkinPatch:

    Has anyone else here hit their limit and get to the point where they just don't want anymore??
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Right now, I'm so content with miss Addy that I can't hardly believe it.

    I want Josephina, because I like Hispanic culture, and I want AG 26. That's pretty much it. I might, later on, if I like, get a windfall or something, get Kristen since she was the first set of book I got all of. But that would be it. No sets and sets of dollies for me!

  6. #16
    Momento_Mori
    Guest Momento_Mori's Avatar

    Post

    As for me, I'm almost at my self-appointed cut off point. I have 11, with the addition of Leandros today, and so I only need one more. I'm very happy with the ones that I have, that I think as fun as it would be to keep getting dolls, it would take away from what I do have. They are DEMANDING after all - with all the outfits, and toys, and accessories that they all want, too many would work me to death!!

  7. #17
    Inactive Member AvalonsBlueRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 11th, 2006
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well...I have three, maybe four left on my want list (Kaya, Josefina, AGT15 and still undecided on Jess) and then I'll be caught up! After that, I'll probably get rest of the Friends dolls, unless one is just hideous, and I'll see what I think of each new LE. And as for AGOTs...well...if anyone else starts calling to me and I feel a story building for her, then I'll probably bring her home too.

    In my opinion you can't have too many dolls! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member ckaterkatie's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2005
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had to look at my list...I would like to add six more to my collection #23, 25, 21, 24, 26 & another tbd - I'm going with an international theme...and want to give Felicity a Boston-based friend.

    This doesn't count Kaya that I'll buy my mom for mother's day (shhh...it's a secret).

    But, I certainly can be held responsible for purchasing any additional historicals or LEs. As it is, I purchased Jess somewhat on a whim. I'm waiting until my next AGP trip to decide on Elizabeth.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member brazilian_girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 25th, 2005
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by LordofthePumpkinPatch:
    Has anyone else here hit their limit and get to the point where they just don't want anymore??
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, I am feeling just the opposite, I don't know when I am going to stop. I am now glad that I don't live in the USA otherwise every week a doll or two would arrive at my door...I am already running out of room, I don't buy anything for me nowadays, not a new pair of shoes, not a new bag, anything... My money now is only for the dolls.

    Today a new doll arrived (my beloved WB Samantha!!!!!) and I am still not entirely happy... Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my dolls and play (a little) with them every day, but I can't rest until I have my Addy and my Bitty Twins, I want #26 and Nellie so much too... I am really addicted!!!

    I have to have a limit!!!! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] Well, my credit card has a limit but I saved money for five years (the years I couldn't travel) so...

    [img]confused.gif[/img]

    Sorry to ramble so much!!!!

  10. #20
    Inactive Member ElizabethLover101's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2005
    Posts
    285
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ohhh great thread! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I don't know..Right now I have 13 dolls. But when I'm in New York my mom is proabably gonna get 1 and I'm gonna get 1 too.So that would make it 15. Its just so hard to stop if you know what I mean [img]wink.gif[/img] I might stop somewhere at sometime but at the moment the girls just keep coming LOL [img]tongue.gif[/img] I might settle at 20 or 21. But its sooooooo addictive. But my love for AG's will never stop! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •